As PA to the Director, this role will be fast-paced and varied. Candidates should have proven experience as a Personal Assistant or Senior Secretary, with strong MS office and organisational skills, and a very high standard of spoken and written English, together with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. You will need experience in complex diary management, travel arrangements, office management, supporting in the preparation of logical and complex documentation and presentations, and, through your presence and confidence, the ability to manage a broad range of situations and relationships. You should also be able to work well under pressure, with discretion and can manage multiple workloads.
The candidate will ideally have an interest in horticulture and the work of the RHS. You should have a good sense of humour, a highly professional approach, and an openness to get involved in a huge range of activities. This role offers exciting opportunities for the right candidate.
To work for the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) is to join a thriving charity, whose mission is to inspire everyone to grow. Everything they do is built on the transformational power of gardening – and the benefits it brings to people, places, and our planet.
Known globally for inspirational Shows and five spectacular Gardens, their work extends to leading ground-breaking climate research, running community outreach programmes, and setting the standards in horticultural education. With the recent opening of RHS Garden Bridgewater and Hilltop, the world’s first dedicated Centre for Gardening Science, at RHS Garden Wisley, there has never been a more exciting time to be part of our journey to make the UK a greener, and more beautiful place.
The RHS provides excellent benefits for employees including:
- Free parking for staff working at one of the five gardens
- Free access to all RHS Gardens and Flower Shows
- 20% discount on all RHS Retail
- Discounted food and drink from the catering outlets at the gardens
- Employee discounts at high street retailer and cash back scheme
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing to 28 and 30 with service)
- Bike to work scheme
- Pension with employers’ contribution, which increases with length of service
- Employee Assistance Programme for staff and immediate family
- Monthly Garden magazine and access to gardening advice
- Sponsorship for external studies